The outbreak of the new Coronavirus “COVID 19” began in last December, 2019 in Wuhan, China, before it spread to more than 213 countries around the world. As the countries of the world seek to tighten the screws on the spreading Coronavirus, by tightening their preventive measures, at a time the global death toll caused by the Coronavirus increases daily, and the virus poses a particular danger to elderly and to those with health problems and pregnant women.
Symptoms of infection with the virus
Symptoms begin with a fever, followed by a dry cough, and after about a week, the person feels short of breath, which requires hospitalization. Symptoms rarely appear as sneezing or runny nose. The appearance of these symptoms does not necessarily mean that you have the disease. They are similar to the common types of viruses, such as the common cold and influenza. The incubation period for the virus, between infection and the onset of symptoms, lasts about 14 days, according to the World Health Organization.
Safety instructions, guidelines and standards to prevent from this pandemic (Coronavirus “COVID 19”).
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol sterilizers for at least 20 seconds, whether after coughing or sneezing or before and after preparing food, before eating, and after using the restroom,
- When coughing or sneezing, cover the mouth and nose with a tissue, or use the inside of the elbow to prevent droplets from dropping, then dispose of the tissue in the trash and wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth as soon as the hand touches a surface where the virus is likely to be present, as the virus can be transmitted to the body in this way.
- Do not come close to people with coughing, sneezing or fever, as they can spread small particles containing the virus in the air. It is preferable to be away from them for one meter.
- One of the preventive methods is the policy of working from home to ensure the safety of employees from infection. Although the option of working from home in such emergency cases is a safe solution for all employees.